Tuesday 24 February 2009

Why I Love My Ipod

I often have nights where I can't sleep because of pain or wakefullness so I rely on my ipod for distraction from pain and to keep me from thinking too much about worries. I rarely listen to music but listen to various podcasts about quirky news items, stories and some meditation. I have tried talking books but find that when I fall asleep it justs plays on and then I don't know where I am in the story so it takes a long time to get through a book- but maybe that's a good thing because they must be sending me to sleep right?
Here's a list of my favourites:
APM A Prairie Home Companion-the news from lake wobegon
The Archers- english radio soap
EFT Talk- emotional freedom technique- how to do tapping
Good Night- Dick Summer ex radio presenter with a silky voice to send you to sleep
Meditation Station -guided meditations by Stin
My Thought coach- more meditation by Stin
A new Power Nap every day- if you haven't slept a quick boost for daytime
NPR Driveway Moments- short uplifting stories
NPR most emailed stories- news and interesting stories
NPR Storycorp- short interviews with people across America
Podquiz weekly- we like to do this quiz as a family listening on speakers but we are not very good at it
PRI selected short stories- short stories read live
This American Life
WGBH Morning Stories
Wrightales- Fairy Tales for grownups

I couldn't manage withiout my pod so much so that my husband bought me a spare- just in case.

If you don't have an ipod you can copy the podcasts from itunes onto a CD and I forgot to say the best thing about them is they are all free- yippee

No comments:

Post a Comment