Thursday 11 June 2009

Becoming More Decisive

I think I have become much more decisive since having fibromyalgia.
I used to worry a lot about making the right decision and would be awake at night worrying about anything and everything but it has taken a while to get to this place where I try not to worry about things I can nothing about.

If something is fairly unimportant I make the decision and move on- like what to eat in a restaurant or to have for dinner- its a waste of energy for me and you. although I draw the line at swapping my meal with my husband if I didn't like it like my mother -in-law did long ago when presented with a whole fish. She just simply gave it to her husband and enjoyed his lamb chops.

When I was in Turkey buying furniture I realised I was much less fussy about things than my sister if it looked fine was comfortable and did the job I said yes. Although it was good to have her with me for dealing with snags with workmen wheras I would have just let them go to preserve my energy, she was quite happy to go and deal with little problems so I guess sometimes I am delegating decisions to others if they are unimportant to me.

At the same time I do like to be included in decision making that effects me for instance it was nice to have my bathroom painted but I really don't like green and it would have been nice to have been asked what colour I would like. Again this is not major and I can live with it.

I think using target setting has contributed to my becoming more decisive because I set a target break it down into small steps and then achieve it- which is how we now have our lovely house in Turkey. I do say to my husband be careful what you wish for !!! If I set it as a target it will happen.

Its much less tring to be decisive and so far nothing really bad has happened because of it apart from buying a wardrobe that is a bit too big for Turkey- small thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment