Friday 5 June 2009

Happiness Project- Making Slough Happy

I have been a subscriber to Gretchen Rubin's Happiness project for some time now so have been thinking of ways of making myself happier.

I decided some time ago if I can't be healthy I am going to be happy so I have been working on my own happiness project and looking for information about being happy or becoming happier.

There was a programme on in England about a year ago called Making Slough Happy and te following is their list of 10 steps to Happpiness
  1. Plant something and nurture it.
  2. Count your blessings-at least five at the end of the day.
  3. Take time to talk-have an hour long talk with a loved one each week.
  4. Phone a friend who you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to meet.
  5. Give yourself a treat every day and take time to really enjoy it.
  6. Have a good laugh at least once a day.
  7. Get physical-exercise for half an hour three times a week.
  8. Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once a day.
  9. Cut your TV viewing by half.
  10. Spread some kindness- do a good turn for someone every day.

I'd forgotten that I had this list so I am thinking I might try and do some of these things from memory I think the people living in Slough had to do one of them each week and then carry on doing each one while adding the next.

Will let you know how I get on with it Do you have any things that you try to make you happy each day?

gentle hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment