Friday 14 August 2009

CFIDS August topic- my response

I think I did have a major problem with this when I was younger always wanting to be the best, to do everything well and perfectly.

I believe it was mostly from coming from such a huge family I was always looking for ways to stand out to get noticed and this carried on into my work life and own family life wanting to be praised- usually more than once for my efforts.

Now the difficulty is doing much at all that can get noticed, I have had counselling and am aware of my need that I honestly think no-one can in reality fill except me.

So I am no longer working so that stressor has now gone and I set my own targets and am happy if I can fulfill them in any way and do not stress if I don't. That is I set targets that I can acheive and then I am happy.

My husband is aware of my need for praise and if he ever sends me a text saying well done like he did when I bought and furnished our house in Turkey- I keep it so that I get look at it more than once and get my praise fix that way.

love and hugs

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment