Monday 3 August 2009

CFIDS Monthly topic- Resting at Work

I am not working now but when I was I had a camping lounger that I used to rest at lunchtime and plugged in my trusty ipod to listen to meditation or sometimes EFT for resting and energy.Unfortunately I was made to take this home by a new manager.I had however also had an ergonomic assessment done of my desk and workplace and had a really comfy chair that gave support to my neck and footstools to minimize pain in legs.Also we should remember that there are laws in place - I know not always adhered to- that adjustments should be made to accommodate disabilities at work.It took me a long time to admit that FM is a disability and ask for help for rest times during the day, late starts or whatever will help you.I have just been to a restaurant with my family and take a tempur cushion with me to minimize discomfort- if you can do that you can stay longer I think.If I am not am home and need a rest I am no longer afraid to say I need to rest for a while am off for a nap lie down see you later.not posted for a while as have been at our house in Turkey I am so proud of myself for buying this without my husband and he is delighted with it.I have also told anyone that wants to visit they are all welcome but I am not going to look after anyone. I also have made a self contained area in this house with own bathroom sitting room and food available so I can really rest if I need to.My health was much improved in Turkey less stress, swimming each day and warm sunshinekind regardsLinda

No comments:

Post a Comment