Monday 11 May 2009

Flare up -it was expected

I knew it would happen and after spending a week sitting at the hospital trying to offer support it all caught up with me last Friday and I had no choice but to go to bed and stay there.

Even though I knew it would happen it was very hard to cope with the feelings of being useless because of this damn illness but you just have to get yourself over that or it will only bring you down more.

The pain and tiredness have been intense but luckily my DH has noticed and made sure I rested well he ordered me home and to bed. He has been bringing me breakfast in bed complete with tablets and coming home lunchtime to make me lunch if he can.

On top of it all by trying to run into the hospital I seem to now also have plantar fasciaitus which is very painful and has meant I have had to use a stick for the last few days which i find quite cumbersome and heavy to use. The only treatment is the medication I am already taking so am just resting being kind to myself. I think I did a good job while I could and am trying to help out as much as I can but not so much hands on. Just allowing other people who have more energy to help instead of me.

Taking care of myself first now like on an aeroplane you can't look after others until you look after yourself.

Be gentle to yourseves if you need it love and gentle hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment