Monday 26 April 2010

Emotional Upsets

I visited my Mum recently and was then visited by one of my brothers who I know to be a very cross person but I wasn't ready when he started to argue with me about nothing really.

Well of course I should have walked away but I didn't and we proceeded to have a row in front of my Mum and then he left leaving us both in tears. I am really sorry that this all happened mostly because of the upset I know was caused to my Mum, but even looking back now I cannot see how it could have been prevented but it will not happen again as I will just avoid him.

The thing is these things happen but what is the best way to minimise the effect on yourself and your reaction to it because a mental or physical reaction is going to happen to it sooner or later.

I slept fine that night because I thought about it for a while and then decided to STOP thinking about it. Sometimes I might write down something like this to kinda get it out of my system but in any case I would physically or symbolically shut the book on it so that it has been dealt with and doesn't keep me awake. Sleep is so valuable I have to do all I can to make sure I get enough and on this occasion I was conscious of the fact that I would need to drive myself home the next day.

When I got home I felt OK but was torn between having a pre-emptive rest in order not to suffer too bad and effect from it or just keep going and wait for the inevitable crash.

Well I chose to go for the latter and so far haven't been too bad apart from feeling fairly low now but that could be anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment