Tuesday 28 April 2009

Sleeping in a strange bed

It can be a problem whem you go and stay in hotel or on holiday getting comfortable in a srtrange bed and can increase your pain and make for a more painful day following. My Mum's spare bed was terrible so I sneaked out and bought a matress topper which has helped a bit. She has since bought a new bed and got a topper for it as well. I uased to dread visiting because it increased my pain for days after.
So what to do when sleeping in a different bed. You could take a mattress topper with you although it is a bBit bulky to take about with you. I I have recently bought a travel tempur mattress from ebay quite cheaply. If that is not an option I get whatever extra bedding is around blankets or spare quilts to pad the mattress ask for extra pillows and I always take a little heating pad to aid with pain relief. I bought a small electric one cheaply from Lidl or you can use microwavable one in case no electric available or a hot water bottle. I might also take extra medication pre-emptively so to speak to help alleviate the problem. At least you are aware of the problems of sleeping elsewhere now and can plan ahead next time. Maybe buy a topper to leave at your daughters if you will be staying there again. Hope this is of help kind regards Linda Ferriter

No comments:

Post a Comment