Wednesday 1 April 2009

Gadget Babe

I do really love a gadget my favourite one being my ipod but I like to find other things not as expensive to make my life easier and more interesting or just for fun.
Here's my list of top gadgets:
Ipod Touch- not only can you listen to music and podcasts, I have talking books meditations, films and games on it. hours of fun and distraction. Am completely addicted to bejewelled an application to add onto the ipod.

Nintendo DS- I don't play on this so much now becuase of the games you can put on the ipod but like 42 card games for solitaire games and Professsor Leyton puzzle games as well as brain training- goota keep the brain working somehow.

Nintendo Wii trainer- Ok the only one I am top at is the sitting down meditating but it does get you moving in a fun way although cannot master ski action and watching other people try to hula hoop is a just hilarious for some reason.

Remedi Pain Relieving Device- like a TENS machine but more powerful and you place the pads on your spine to block the pain signals to the brain. I don't find it works so well for pain above the neck but it does take the edge off the pain and the Remedi Company are always extremely helpful with repalcements or repairs in fact I now have a spare one that I was able to purchase at a cheaper price.

Tempur cushion- this is a very soft cushion that I made a bag for so I look like I am just carrying around a bag which I then sit on. Very useful to increase your confort in restaurants, pubs so you can stay longer only criticism is it is a bit heavy so I had to make a more manly bag for it ie brown instead of orange flowers so that my hubby will carry it for me.

First Class Sleeper- this is an inflable cushion that goes behind you to increase the comfort while on an aeroplane. It was invented by an airline pilot and makes airplane seats and other seats much more comfortable by giving more support behing your back and neck.

Electic Heating Pad- bought this for about £10 in Lidl but they are about £20 lovely to give heat where there is pain or just to warm up the bed. I keep one upstairs and one downstairs. Blissful heat.

Wheat or Rice Pack- Have made several of these using a tube of material half fill with rice and add some dried lavender. If you don't know how to use them they just go in the microwave for two minutes and are lovely and warming for pain. I particularily like them for facial pain as they can be held around the face for good pain relief.

Multi-adaptor- when I go away anywhere I take an adaptor with me as I have so many gadgets to plug in and you never know how many sockets will be in your accomodation whever staying with relatives or hotel.

Woollen wrap or cardi- have a lovely woolie wrap that can make sure you keep warm I find can get increased pain levels if get suddenly cold or also double up as a pillow or cushion. Its all about comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment