Friday 6 March 2009

Asking For Help- Again and Again

Am now on my third day in bed am coping Ok with it but it brings me to this dilema. Having to rely on others to help you by bringing you refreshments, medication, water or other things because you either just cannot get out of bed because you are just too tired or have got a bit low and bed is the only place you are comfortable.
I sometimes feel like Miss Haversham shut away in the attic with no visitors the worst being knowing there are people in the house and they don't come near or by you. Maybe you don't have this problem but its hard to have to keep asking for help without feeling like you are whining or getting cross. I don't really know the answer to this one tried to bring up what I need myself and think about having another talk with offspring about needs. I guess they don't like to think that you are poorly and would rather close their eyes to the fact and think you are just having a lazy day in bed.

I think it is because the nature of the illness is to be invisible so you don't look sick and in the main you behave as if you are not sick so it seems to come as a surprise that you might need help after all you are the Mum.
Tomorrow will be better will try to get up and go out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Hope you are up and about soon.I am hoping by reading fibro life I will learn a bit more about yoiur illness. Having suffered with depression for many year
    s now - I guess I can understand the 'invisible side bit'. I have learnt that sometimes it is hard for people to acccept that you are ill when you show no sign of it or maybe they'd rather not as you the 'Mum'or 'wife' and are meant to be the strong one! Sending you gentle hugs and love.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete