Wednesday 4 March 2009

CFIDS Online Support Group-Loneliness

I am including the following transcript of my email response for my online support group with CFIDS. http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/

We have a topic each month some suggested by members and each person can post about how it affects them and what they do that helps.

This has been such an invaluable support to me over the last few years knowing there are people around that understand that you can reach out to you can ask a question, email an individual if you want and gain insights into how other people cope. First I did an online course where I was taught coping strategies and target setting and then I became part of this alumni group ( I have no idea how you say alumni but anyway thats the group I'm in)

So heres my post:
Hi everyone and welcome to our new members
। I think the worse bit of loneliness is that of not knowing people around that you can talk to about fibro but this group makes a big diffference to feelings of isolation.
When I have had to have yet another day in bed and no one around during the day then I do get a bit low but Itry to connect with people either by phone text or internet.

Thankfully my husband bought a laptop for us to use recently which is wonderful for keeping in touch with people online chatting on MSN or emailing from my bed.
I also like to try and write some letters with snail mail as its lovely to post and then receive letters and cards in the post.
kind regards Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment