Thursday 19 March 2009

Talking To Medics -2

Had an appointment with my doctor and as usual had my notebook ready with the points I wanted to talk about but I think I had just too many things to discuss so in the end realised that my main reason for going was not touched upon which was silly really.
So... learning all the time next time I will have less things to talk about by going more often or having telephone appointment in between, and prioritise my problems so that I at least get the main item off my chest.
To cap it all got letter today from consultant with details of new medication so will have to make new appointement anyway- oh dear.
When you have limited energy you just need to be super effecient so as not to waste any spoons.
Do you know the spoon story? Will do another post about it soon.
What it was was I meant to ask doctor to examine my hips as they are very sore these days and she had said she would send me for an xray. So that was my reason for going and of course can't have them examined over the phone- silly me.
I hope your doctor offers telephone appointments too as they are a real help when you are exhausted and there is no comfort in doctors waiting rooms.
Will have to make another appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment