Monday 16 March 2009

Dreaded DLA Form

I decided that today is the day to tackle this form it is 39 pages long so have broken it down to pages in my trusty notebook.
It took me some time to assemble all my paperwork together so I have:
1 current prescription forms saves writing in what meds you are taking
2 medical history document-This is my own document with family history, own medical history 3 medications tried, treatements tried etc. I try to update this and keep it on my computer but it needed updating before I could use it.
4 copies of old DLA applications- so I can see what I put before not that that means if it worked that time it will this.
5 Any Medical reports to send up the more info the better
6 Letters from people that care for you- my husband, daughter and friend
7 Guide to Disabilty Living Allowancw frim Bebefits and Work website- printed off- this is a page by page guide and is invaluable for helping complete this horror of a form.

So am ready now and have completed 13 pages- admitedly these are mostly the easiest ones- like whats your name and bank details but that is a third of the way along right.
Have had a break during this and sat in my summer house for a while with the paper, what a beautiful sunny day it has been today.
Am going to pack up now and tackle some more of it tomorrow. But am I also going to reward myself with buying some bedding plants for my garden. This form can really make you feel down as you have to talk about suffering and pain and all the symptoms you have- words I try not to use about myself too much. Am exhausted from it but it has been productive.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a beautiful sunny day today and yesterday here! It always makes you feel better - think Ill put a summerhouse on my list! I tried a bit of weeding on Sunday as a bit of gardening always cheers me up. Your a 1/3 of your way through now so take heart nearly there and once its done its done . My IPOD touch is due to be delivered tomorrow so I am excited. Love and gentle hugs. Sue

    ReplyDelete