Saturday 28 March 2009

Spoon Story




I wonder do you know the spoon story? it was written by Christine Miserandino from http://butyoudontlooksick.com/ and I find it really useful to explain the limits to my energy on a daily basis.
When I first read it I was really excited about it and sent it to lots of friends and family but was disappointed by the lack of response from soem people but others really got it.
My young daughter will often say to me-now Mum that's is too many spoons and my good friend will say- have you got any spoons today, do you want to go out?
She even sent me a lovely picture of spoons which I would like to reproduce as I lost it from my phone, think I will do this for one of my photos on my 101 list

Here's a link to the story I hope you enjoy it:
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you an abundance of spoons for your trip in Turkey. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recntly I came across a piece of paper with the spoon theory on - I guess I had copied it when you sent it to me. I dont think I replied then but cant be sure. Im sorry if I was one of those who didnt respond. I guess I didn't understand it then. But maybe I do now. I think you are right - it can be applied to so may disabilties or illness. I hope you will share a spoon or two with me. xx

    ReplyDelete