Tuesday 24 March 2009

CFIDS Online support group -comfort food

This is the second topic of my online support group- here is what I have written on this topic

Its been very interesting to read about other peoples feelings towards food and the comfort that it gives. I too feel better when I am eating and find myself looking for, often what is considered the wrong things to eat like sweets and chocolate. There is also the issue for me of feeling that I "deserve" a treat usually chocolate or cake with tea because I am not well and it will make me feel better. Of course then you feel worse afterwards for eating it. I have to say that I am glad that I not alone in using food almost as a medicine.

I am really fed up that I have put on weight over the years that I have had fibro and tried hard to lose some and recently lost one stone but have put 9 lbs. back on because I just couldn't maintain the rules of the diet I was on, the willpower necessary and an exercise regime of any sort.

I am hoping that the better weather will encourage me to eat more sensibly, stop rewarding myself with food and try to get some exercise. I always feel better in the summer and we have had a few warm days here in England which I hope is a promise of more sunny days to come.

Check in
Have been told that I now have beginning of arthritis in my hips and am badly troubled by jaw pain. Have just started taking clonazapan a quarter of a tablet to start with and hope that this will help with muscle pain and sleep. Am looking forward to going to Turkey on Saturday to the house that we have just bought there and am also going there in the summer for six weeks which should be marvelous.
Have just started a challenge of 101 things in 1001 days-I I read about it on a moneysaving website curiously enough- which I am finding inspiring to target fun and interesting things to do.
One of my 101 things to do is to do a blog for a month which I have started about 101 things and also about living with fibro.
If it is Ok will add link here to them in case anyone interested but no matter if not as I am enjoying making them.

http://101thingsin1001days-linda.blogspot.com/
http://fibro-babe.blogspot.com/

kind regards and gentle hugs

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment