Saturday 14 March 2009

Deciding To Be Happy

I made a decision not too long ago really that if I can't be healthy I am going to be happy.
The first time I ever went to counselling for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy I was told that I did not do enough things during the day for fun.
. It was all work or family responsibliites so the first thing I had to do was think about ways of having fun. Every day now I think about what I am going to do for fun or happiness that day.
Of course that really depends on how I feel on any given day and plans are sometimes changed at the last minute but I like to have things to look forward to so I plan lunch with a friend, an early drink with my husband a holiday or outing.
If it happens that the day is one spent in bed then I watch a happy DVD have a facial, paint my nails anything to keep my mood up or using the trusty notebook plan future outings or speak to a friend or sister on the phone
. Its not easy to keep yourself "up" but the alternative is inconceivable my talk to myself is uplifting I hope yours is too so tell me:

What are going to do today for fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment