Friday 6 March 2009

Duvet Days

Have just had a day in bed yesterday where although wanted to get up just couldn't from fatigue and pain so settled down for a day in bed.

I try hard- not always successfully- to keep my bedroom a haven where I am as comfortable as possible and have things around me to amuse and entertain me.

I have pretty PJ's or put on comfy tracksuit have plenty of water and few snacks to keep me going in case no-one around to bring me any.

Unless it is a day where I know that sleep is the only thing to do I open the curtains so I can look out at the trees in the park behind my house.

I have a kind of toolbox as recommended on http://www.painsupport.co.uk/ps_home.html.

Anything I think will make the time pass in as happy a way possible:
Happy DVD's, My Ipod and Nintendo DS for listening to music, podcasts or playing games, my notebook for jotting down ideas, my lists of plans for the future.
I might ring someone if I feel up to it or text if I don't just to make contact with the outside world. I might go on my laptop if I feel up to it to pass a bit of time send emails, look up things that interest me. I also like to write a few cards or letters but sometimes am not in the right frame of mind for this.
I had a lovely day once when my daughter joined me and we had a beauty day. Doing each others nails, having a facial and meditating. So I might do this on my own if no-one around.
I do like to have visitors and leave my door open for that but I don't always get them and sometimes feel like the mad auntie locked away in the attic. It is hard if there are too many of these days but I try not to let myself get stir crazy and stop myself from having too many negative thoughts. I've had days like these before, I've coped with them and I will get over them. What do you do to cope with duvet days

No comments:

Post a Comment